The perfect gift for every railway enthusiast.
The history of Britain’s railways is a long and fascinating one, filled with stories of grand endeavours, noted figures and record-breaking feats. Julian Holland brings together a unique miscellany of intriguing tales and engaging trivia – the perfect collection for every railway enthusiast.
Stories range from Bulleid’s 'Chinese Laundries', trainspotting trips in Wales and Scotland and Liverpool’s ‘Dockers’ Umbrella' to railway artists and clergy, a railway-owned airline and railways that were never built.
Find out about
• The Royal Scot’s 11,000-mile journey in the USA and Canada
• A narrow gauge island railway in the middle of the Bristol Channel
• How the London & South Western Railway saved the British Empire
• Mallard’s unbeaten world speed record of 1938
• How to fly by Great Western Railway from Cardiff to Plymouth
• The 75-mile network of narrow gauge railways on the Isle of Skye
• How another 4,500 miles of railway escaped closure by Dr Beeching
All Aboard is a delightful miscellany for every railway enthusiast, filled with fascinating and obscure stories, facts and figures.